Thursday, February 28, 2008

THIS IS A ONE WAY STREET!!!

It's nuts how much things change as you get older. Sometimes I wonder if I'm going to be that old crazy person thats always like, "Back in my day, Britney Spears was a woman."

Last night I went to see my friends band play down on Fremont St. It was my first time at a local band show in a long time. There were 13 year olds, dressed in skin tight clothes, running around everywhere. I'm pretty sure there was some kind of contest going on...something like "Who can look/act the most ridiculous." They were all winners in my eyes ::tear:: Everyone looked the same, both girls and boys: Long hair, dark make up, and skin tight pants (actually sewn onto the body). I guess I really have no room to judge...but I there is room for laughter hahahahaha. I'm such a bitch sometimes. It's ok though, I'm sure i've been laughed at plenty of times in my life...like that one time i fell asleep with my head in the trash can after a long game of kings cup.

Anyway, after the show, 8 of us went out to her van, excuse me, bus, to load up her drum set. Her girlfriend, who was obviously intoxicated, had to drive that beast from the 3rd level of the parking garage down to the first..no biggie right? Wrong. She starts driving, and we all start making fun of her because shes going like 4 miles per hour, and then this conversation takes place

G: Don't worry, I just got my license 2 weeks ago..hahaha just kidding
Me: I can tell
L: No, seriously though, she can drive just fine
G: Yeah, I'm ok, don't worry

Not even 2 minutes later, we are going against traffic down 4th street. Nuff said.

Even though I thought I was convinced I was going to either be in jail or dead by the end of the night, i still had fun. They are some pretty cool people to hang around, and my friend is awesome at the drums..(her singer could use a little work...)

3 comments:

skyblot said...

I have not once been to a concert that didn't end in me being in legal trouble or coked to the gills.

kerplunk said...

can't say that i've ever been "coked to the gills."

steve said...

i thought this was going to be an anti-anal rant. I'm glad it's not.